XGP – Color Glass Specification
Part 1 – GENERAL
Furnish all labor, materials, tools, equipment and service necessary for and reasonably incidental to complete the glazing work as indicated on the drawings or specified.
- Related Sections:
- Metal Framing
- Finish Carpentry
- Joint Sealers
- Product Data: Manufacturer catalogs and technical literature
- Color Sample: 4”x 4” minimum sample of XGP-Color Glass
Provide ten-year manufacturer’s warranty of paint coating that covers color fading, cracking, bubbling, or peeling. Warranty applies when installed to XGP-Color Glass Specifications.
PART 2 – PRODUCT
US COLOR GLASS
2595 Jeremiah Industrial Way SW
Conyers, Georgia 30012
Tel: 770-483-3393 Fax: 770- 483-3954
- The Paint-Coated Opaque Colored Glass:
Paint Type: Two-components are lead-free oil base paint containing special additive that helps the paint bonds permanently on the surface of glass.
- Standard practice for computing the colors of objects:
ASTM E1347-97, ASTM D 2244-93(2000), ASTM E308-01
- Specular Gloss of surface of coatings:
ASTM D523-89(1999), D2457-03
- Measuring Adhesion by tape test:
- Solid Colors on Annealed Glass
- Metallic Colors on Annealed Glass
- Solid Colors on Tempered Glass
- Metallic Colors on Tempered Glass
- Sparkled Solid Colors
As required by manufacturer of doors and frames.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
- The General Contractor examines the framing and glazing channel surface, backing and the condition under which the glazing is to be performed.
- The General Contractor also inspects each piece of glass prior to installation.
- Beginning of installation means acceptance of substrate.
- Clean contact surface with solvent and wipe dry.
- Seal porous glazing channel or recesses.
- Prime surface scheduled to receive sealant.
- Installation on walls or floors:
Recommended thickness: 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2”
- Make applied area – sheet rock, wood panel, plywood, or concretes – flat, leveled and smooth surfaced.
- The wall should be clean, raw sheet-rock surface, painted or primer-coated.
- Use non-acid silicone (RTV- Clear Silicone: C. R. Laurence Co., Inc. )
- Ceramic tile adhesive and grouts can be used. (Call U.S. Color Glass Co. and follow instruction)
- Installation on surface of doors or cabinet doors:
Recommend thickness: 1/8”and 3/16”
- Place down the doors or cabinet doors.
- Use white, gray or black double-side tape (1/30” thickness) depending on colors of glass.
- Thin layer of RTV – Clear Silicone can be used along with double-sided tape for large sized doors.
- Wait at least 24 hours would give enough time to bond.
- L-mold can be used on the bottom of doors to hold weight of the glass if the glass seems too heavy.
- Using Stand-off Display System:
Stand-off Display System can be applied using 1/4” to 1/2” thickness of tempered color glass with or without holes on glass to install on the following:
- Concrete, stone, marble or uneven surfaced walls.
- Wide or high commercial interior and exterior walls.
Clean with water, sponges or cloths. A non-abrasive wetting agent should be used on damaged sealant materials. Scrapers and other sharp instruments should not be used.